Friday 1 July 2011

Thing 2

So I've been checking out some other blogs over the past hour and it's been great to see some other colleagues taking on the CPD23, as well as discovering some new people as well. It was reassuring to find out that I'm not the only one nervous about putting my 'opinions' out there and to start to see the debate between personal and professional in terms of online presence...more of which I'm sure I'll ponder on in Thing 3.....

I've commented on a few blogs including Library Leanings (it will be interesting to hear about Carol's health and wellbeing zone set up as a lot of my own work is health related), Did you say Ode? (I always love the way Aude writes) , My First Blog (it was good to be able to encourage someone in their certification), Optimus Prime was a Librarian (I work with Luke on the Info and Digital team and he keeps me right in all things technical!), Agent Paper (I too have a tendency to lurk and look at social media and not always participate), Librarianing etc to name but a few.

I also had a peak at some health librarian's blogs, as I've become more and more interested in health and wellbeing work since I got involved as a trainee in setting up Newcastle Libraries books on prescription scheme 'From words to wellbeing'. This lead me to seeking a health librarian as a mentor when I was in the chartership process and made me curious to find out more about what the challenges and joys there is to be found in the health information world.

And in the process of writing this blog it's been good to see how to create links to other web pages and I had a sneaky peak at the stats and sources people have been referred from to my blog....very interesting! Looking forward to investigating more next time......but for now tea calls!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Anne!
    I like how even though I know you I am learning things about you as well by reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete